Terms & Conditions
COVENANTS AND CONDITIONS TO BE OBSERVED AND PERFORMED BY THE LESSEE:
- To pay to the Lessor or its nominees/permitted assigns, the monthly rental charges under the Lease Deed by the Lessee, monthly in advance on or before 5th day of calendar month (due date), for the month in respect of which such sums are payable whether or not the invoice has been received by the Lessee or not.
- To be liable to pay a late payment fee of INR 100 per day till 10th of the month and then INR 200 per day thereafter for the period of delay of payment of monthly rent beyond the due date by the Lessee. After 15th of the month, the Lessee will receive an eviction notice to clear the Leased premises by end of the month for which rent is due. This is without prejudice to any other right which the Lessor may have under the law.
- To pay all amounts agreed to be paid in accordance with the terms of the Deed, provided, however, that the liability of the Lessee for such payments shall commence from the date such revision/imposition/increase is effective from the Lease Commencement Date or any subsequent date.
- To carry out day-to-day maintenance of the Leased Premises and the fixtures and fittings installed therein and the normal maintenance, minor repairs, including painting and distempering and polishing the interior of the Leased Premises at its own cost.
- To permit the Lessor and its authorised representatives at all reasonable hours, but after prior notice in writing to that effect, to enter into the Leased Premises for the purpose of inspection or for any other purposes connected with the Deed. However, in case of emergencies the Lessor or Grexter may enter the Leased Premises at any time without notice to the Lessee and the Lessee accepts and agrees to the same.
- To vacate the Leased Premises together with the Lessor's fixtures and fittings therein, in good order and condition (reasonable wear and tear excepted) on the expiry /earlier termination of the Lease Term.
- Not to do or permit to be done any act or thing which may render void or voidable any insurance relating to or in respect of a part or the whole of the said Property, the said Building or the Leased Premises, or cause any increase in premium payable in respect thereof.
- To use the Leased Premises for lawful purpose only and not to carry on or permit to be carried on in the Leased Premises or in any part thereof any activities which shall be or are likely to be unlawful, obnoxious or of nuisance, annoyance or disturbance to other lessee(s) of the said Building wherein the Leased Premises are situated or store any goods of hazardous or combustible nature or which are heavy so as to affect the construction or the structure of the said Building or any part thereof or in any manner interfere for common use. The usage of the Leased Premises for such lawful purpose shall be unrestricted and uninterrupted and shall be made available at all times of day and night to the Lessee, servants, representatives, visitors and invitees.
- The Leased Premises shall be used by the Lessee only and the Lessee undertakes that it shall not assign, transfer, mortgage, sublease, sublet or underlet or grant lease or transfer or part with in any manner whatsoever, of any portion of the Leased Premises, to any third party without obtaining the prior written approval of the Lessor.
- The Lessee shall not make any structural additions or alterations in the Leased Premises without prior consent of the Lessor in writing.
- At the time of handover of the Leased Premises, the Lessee is satisfied that the construction work and also various installations like electrification work, sanitary fittings, water and sewerage connections are in good working condition and all shortcomings/complaints and defects, if any, have been rectified before it’s taken possession from the Lessor. Grexter will take care of any wear and tear in the Leased premises in the first 10 days from first occupancy date of the Lessee, only if, the Lessee notifies the same in writing, thereafter it shall not require the Lessor or its nominees/permitted assigns to perform any work whatsoever in the Leased Premises (except structural repairs if any) and there shall be no obligation whatsoever on the part of the Lessor to repair, renovate, improvise or to do anything concerning the Leased Premises, the said Building and the said Property in any manner whatsoever.
- Any lapse/violation/negligence on the part of the Lessee or its contractors / agents during any additions/modifications/alterations resulting in any kind of hazard or fire in the Leased Premises/ Building, loss of life/ property including third party, damage to the Leased Premises / building structure etc. and all financial and legal consequences arising there from shall be the sole responsibility of the Lessee and shall not impose any legal and financial liability on the Lessor.
- The Tenant shall bear any utility costs - electricity, water and other utilities consumed by him/her in the Schedule Premises based on actual rates of the concerned statutory authority, during the term of the License and any renewal thereof. The Tenant shall be responsible for payment of the dues. The Company reserves the right to deduct any unpaid utility costs from the security deposit.
COVENANTS AND CONDITIONS TO BE OBSERVED AND PERFORMED BY THE LESSOR:
- To carry out at its own cost all major and structural repairs to the Leased Premises and also to the said Building.
- To supply and maintain regular supply of electricity and water to the Leased Premises.
- To permit to carry out at the cost of the Lessee, but without in any way damaging the main structure of the Leased Premises or the said Building, erection of internal partitions and other internal alterations and additions which are not visible from outside, as may be necessary for the business of the Lessee provided the Lessee shall give prior written intimation of 10 (ten) days to the Lessor in writing before commencing such alteration(s) or addition(s), provided, further that if any such additions or alterations, require the prior approval or permission of any Municipality or any other local body or authority, local or otherwise, or are governed by any rules or regulations. The Lessee shall not carry out such additions or alterations or erections without obtaining the prior permission or approval aforesaid and complying with such rules and regulations of such Municipal or local body or Government Authority. Provided further, that the Lessee shall upon vacating the Leased Premises remove such fittings and restore the Leased Premises to the Lessor in its original condition excepting reasonable wear and tear.
- The lessor shall be liable to pay all maintenance, electricity, telephone and water charges that would have arisen with respect to the said Schedule Premises prior to the commencement of the License, if applicable.
- To allow during the term of the Deed, peaceful and uninterrupted enjoyment of the Leased Premises, subject to the Lessee performing all its obligations under this Deed.
Division of responsibilities for maintenance of the premises between the Lessor and the Lessee
The following has been prepared in compliance with Model Residential Tenancy Act 2011, a draft by Ministry of Housing & Urban poverty alleviation, Govt. of India. As per this draft Act, the lessor will be responsible for repairs relating to matters falling under Part A and the lessee shall be responsible for matters falling under Part B.
Part A : Structural Repairs to be got done by the Lessor:
- Structural Repairs except those necessitated by the damage caused by the lessee
- Whitewashing of walls and painting of doors and windows. The Lessor shall paint the interior, doors & windows at the beginning of the agreement period.
- Changing plumbing pipes when necessary
- Any major repair due to natural wear & tear of appliances & furniture. The Lessor shall pay for such damages if they cause it.
- Any repair, replacement & maintenance issues arising during the first 10 days of the first occupancy date of the Lessee of the agreement period. Thereafter, the charges for such maintenance shall be borne by the Lessee.
Part B : Day-to-Day repairs to be got done by the Lessee
- Changing of tap washers and taps
- Drain cleaning
- Water closet repairs
- Wash Basin repairs
- Bath tub repairs
- Geyser repairs
- Circuit breaker repairs
- Switches and socket repairs, Replacement of bulbs
- Repairs and replacement of electrical equipment except major internal and external wiring change
- Kitchen fixtures repairs
- Replacement of knobs and locks of doors, cupboard windows etc.
- Replacement of flynets
- Replacement of glass panels in windows, doors etc.
- Periodic maintenance of private gardens and open spaces, if any, let out to the tenant.
- All garbage must be disposed off daily in bags.
- Please do not partake in any activity that causes damage to the property and/or inconveniences to the owner or neighbours . This also includes consumption of banned substances inside or outside your premises.
- Excess noise is prohibited. This includes: music, TV, slamming of doors, shouting etc. in the property and/or surrounding areas, particularly in residential areas in hours of rest. Noise is a frequent cause of complaint between the neighbours, who may call security in the event of nuisance;
- The doors and windows of the house must be closed when nobody is inside. This will help avoid possible robberies and any damage to the property;
- Any criminal or offensive conduct that will entail the intervention of the Municipal Police or other Government agencies is prohibited hereunder;
- Carrying out any construction work or reforms of any type on the property, or making any alterations of any type to the layout and distribution of the furnishings in the property is not allowed without prior written approval.
- Using the premise for any purpose other than Permitted Use is prohibited
- The Lessor has the right to terminate the license with a 24 hour notice or both in the event of any of the following happening.
- Written complaint from the housing society/association against the tenant.
- In the event of the tenant using the scheduled premise for reasons other than residential.
GUEST HOSTING POLICY
The Lessor shall be held responsible for conduct of his/her guests in the premise & its consequences thereafter. Any financial losses incurred shall be borne by the tenant.
The tenant shall be responsible for his/her belongings in the scheduled premise. The lessor or Grexter shall not be liable for any theft of personal belongings of the lessee.